Sunday, April 17, 2011

GF Chicken Noodle Soup

I know the title probably has scared you away. 'G F Chicken Noodle Soup,' sounds a bit bland right? Oh no, it is anything but that. In my opinion I think this soup is better than any gluten packed chicken noodle soup I have ever tasted. When I found out I had Celiac disease it was hard for me to stop using Campbells soups as bases for many of my recipes. But, I had to figure out how to rework some basics into my cooking.
I know it is almost summer and soup doesn't appeal to many of you. But, a rainy Spring day always has me simmering up a big pot of chicken noodle on my stove. Try it out. It will be a staple in your favorite recipe collection.

GF Chicken Noodle Soup

2 cups boiled chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces

10 cups water

6 Tablespoons Better Than Bouillon (chicken base) try Costco, they have the organic, low sodium one that I love

4 stalks of celery

2 cups of chopped carrots

1 tsp. poultry seasoning

1/4-1/2 tsp. ground cumin

dash of pepper

1 onion peeled and cut in half

1/2 bag Heartland GF corn/rice noodles Fusilli style (Walmart Super Centers)


I boil my chicken in a big 5 qt. pot. drain it after it is fully cooked. Chop into bite sized pieces. Refill same pot with 10 cups of water and let heat on medium for a few minutes. Then, add 6 heaping Tablespoons of the Better Than Bouillon. Add poultry seasoning, cumin & pepper to taste. Stir until it is dissolved.

Chop carrots first and add to broth. Then add the chopped celery. Add both halves of onion. I love the flavor not the actual onion chucks in my soup. Do what works for you:) Leave on medium to low heat to simmer for about 20-25 minutes.

Cook corn/rice noodles in a separate pot. Follow instructions on package. (Then they don't absorb all of the broth.) Drain once cooked & add to broth,chicken and veggies.

1 comment:

  1. My life will now be complete. You make the best Chicken Noodle Soup I've ever had. Yum.

    ReplyDelete